Pulmonary Biobank Consortium
The Pulmonary Biobank Consortium is a transversal, public and non-profit- structure driven by CIBER Respiratory Diseases , with the volunteer participation of hospitals which are able to provide samples and relevant clinical information from patients attending for medical reasons (ref. B.0000471 Spanish Biobank Register - ISCIII). Biobank activity began in 2008 and it is certificated by ISO 9001:2008 regulation since 2012.
Pulmonary Biobank Consortium works in coordination with hospital biobanks and research institutions to:
- Attend researchers needs.
- Consolidate quality samples in pre-analytical processes to minimize artefacts and variations between lots of samples.
- Cooperate and take part in similar cooperative structures.
Biobank aim is to provide quality samples and data to national and international researchers
- Supply of:
- Tissue and haemoderivative samples with strict quality criteria.
- Standardised clinical data established by consensus.
- DICOM Images (Computerised Tomography).
- Centralized storage of sample collections.
- Management of national and international shipments.
- Setting up new collections in multi-centre studies.
- Control, monitoring and audits multi-center collections.
- On-line platform for registration of standardized data.
- Establishing quality management systems.
- Support on ethical-legal aspects.
- Scientific-technical advice for use and creation new collections.
- Support formanagement and creation of biobanks.