Technology offer and know how
Technology offer and Know-How
This a unified channel for supply and demand in matters of technology transfer and innovation for CIBERES, the largest consortium of specialists of excellence in the national respiratory sphere working together in strategic projects for most diseases of the respiratory system.
CIBERES promotes the technological research and development work of our groups in the field of respiratory medicine, as well as its clinical translation and business transfer.
Our technological fields include: information technologies and communication (ITC), technology-based healthcare services, pharmacology, biotechnology, nanobiotechnology and bioinformatics, medical doctors and researcher teams and large cohorts of patients.
Here you will find a summary of our technology offers and some of the specialised expertise of our researchers that can be offered as collaboration or services for a particular project.
If you need any further information or have a particular technological issue to address, please contact our Transfer Manager Dr. Cristina Broceño at firstname.lastname@example.org, who works in coordination with CIBER Technology Transfer Office https://www.ciberisciii.es/en/technology-transfer/technology-offer.
As a consortium, all projects are managed in close coordination with the Research Results Transfer Offices (OTRI) or Innovation Units of the institutions where researchers work.
We undertake all measures required to succeed in speeding up the transfer of knowledge and technology from the research environment to the business setting.
We are open to different kinds of collaboration.
Know-how and Services
Our research groups are formed by interdisciplinary researchers (physicians, pneumologists, critical care doctors, surgeons, physiotherapists, pathologists, epidemiologists, biostatisticians, nurses, engineers, biologists, biotechnologists, chemists, pharmacists…).
Our professionals can offer (either as a collaboration or as a service) their technical expertise on molecular, cellular, animal and clinical models, as well as specific knowledge and technologies, some of them listed here.
Research specific areas (specific and unique knowledge in groups):
- Pulmonary surfactant and alveolar soluble factors
- Respiratory pathogens infection, resistance and host-pathogen interaction (S. pneumoniae, S. aureus, K. pneumoniae, H.s influenzae, M. tuberculosis, Nocardia, Legionella).
- Biofilm formation.
- Molecular and/or cellular biology of mitis group streptococci , their phages and pneumococcal capsules.
- Proteins, enzybiotics and vaccines engineering and development.
- Hydrolases and carbohydrate binding proteins.
- Vascular contractibility.
- Respiratory mechanics (molecular, cellular, patient).
- Pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Membrane Biophysics (molecules, lipids, ionic force…)
- OSA management.
- Pulmonary imaging.
- COPD pathobiology and natural history.
- Drug repositioning as antibiotics.
- Large epidemiological studies and registries. Complex statistical studies for critical parameter detection and monitoring.
- Medical Audits.
- Evaluation of the clinical impact of new laboratory diagnostic tests and use of devices.
- Telemedicine and ICTs devices: software and management related to different respiratory diseases and patient condition (patients management, remote monitoring, remote-ICU, remote diagnosis…).
- New methods for bacterial typing and respiratory pathologies diagnosis.
- Respiratory microbioma.
- Co-morbidities in respiratory diseases.
- Animal models for all diseases in which CIBERES is working (pneumonia, smoking, Pulmonary hypertension, ALI, Hypoxia, lung transplant, COPD…).
- Infection (Biofilms, cultured cells, zebrafish embryos, mice, pigs….).
- Cellular and tissue models (cell lines, pulmonary artery myocites, human ductus arteriosus, primary cultures for lung epithelium, aorta epithelium, mesenchymal bone marrow stem cells, primary alveolar macrophages from bronchoalveolar lavages and 3D cultures for lung fibrosis).
- Large Cohorts of patients with their associated clinical and molecular data for each pathology in which CIBERES has a line of research.
- Access to patients for clinical trials on most respiratory diseases.
Technologies and Measurements:
- Tailored physico-chemical recognition microarrays with measurement (Biomolecules, extracellular vesicles or whole bacteria probes).
- Biophysical techniques platforms: Biomolecule /ligand interaction measurements, identification of ligands in solution, biomolecules characterization.
- Pathogen glycotyping.
- Characterization of pulmonary surfactant composition and function.
- Preparation of lipid-based vesicular drug delivery systems.
- Enzybiotic engineering.
- New diagnostics for identification of pneumococci in clinical samples new techniques or S. pneumoniae serotyping.
- Work under BSL2 and BCL3 conditions.
- Identification and culture of pathogenic group 3 microorganisms.
- Identification of micobacteria.
- M. tuberculosis complex molecular typing techniques.
- Medical devices design, making and validation for respiratory diagnosis or therapy (cell and animal models and patients).
- New pulmonary imaging techniques for better management and contrast (MR, PET, MR spectrography, new nanoparticles engineering…).
- Respiratory mechanics measurement in ventilated animals and in cell culture (measurements of respiratory impedance, contraction, cellular mechanics, cellular membrane integrity).
- Advanced microscopy (TRIF, FRET, FRAP, Confocal, atomic force…).
- Lung tissue decellularization.
- Device/Machine calibration (spirometers, CPAP equipment, pressure and flow transducers).
- Gas exchange measurement, arterial blood gases, inert gas elimination...
- Environmental and pulmonary analysis for association with respiratory diseases (antigens in air, lung residues, pathogens detection....).
- Bronchoscopy navigation.